The beginner sewing is designed for absolute starters with no experience on using a sewing machine or knowledge on clothing production. To provide all the hands-on help and guidance, this will be a small and intimate class with only eight students.
We will take you through all the basic of sewing from how to operate the machine, sewing techniques to fabric choices. We supply everything from tools, machines and materials to work on; all you will need to bring is patience and passion in learning.
We aim for everyone to be able to learn at his or her own pace, step by step. We uses industrial sewing machines (see pictures attached), students are welcome to bring their own machine and garments they are working on, we will simply provide the extra help if needed. Otherwise, we will be creating a different product every week.
Week 1- All about the sewing machine
- Learn how to operate and adjust the sewing machine from zero
- Changing needles and machine feet accessories for different type of garments
- Practice running a straight and curve line
- Attach button onto different type of materials
- From this lesson, you will be to make a simple short with the industrial machine
Week 2 – Selecting the right tools and materials
- How to pick the right fabric for different type of garments
- Types of zips and needles for different type of garments
- From this lesson, you will practice how to attach zips on materials and create a cosmetic bag
Week 3 – Sew your own project!
- You will be able to operate the machine with confident
- Select and cut materials, sew and create a final product, or multiple products of your own choice:
- A two layer face mask or sleeping eye patch
- A simple skirt with zip
- A pillow cover/tote bag
- An apron
Time and Price
$280/ 3 hours per week